SureFire SOCOM556-SB Flat Dark Earth
Dark Earth Finish 5.56 mm (.223 caliber), 6.2 inches Long, 17.0 ounces
THIS PRODUCT IS FINISHED IN DARK EARTH. The picture displayed does not accurately represent the finish of the product.
The compact and lightweight SureFire SOCOM556-SB Fast-Attach suppressor is designed specifically for 5.56 rifles with barrels shorter than 10 inches, or longer barrels firing unstable ammunition (e.g. most jacketed frangible and “green” ammunition). It is a modified version of the SOCOM556RC, which was selected by US Special Operations Command as first among all competitors in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor evaluation in history, covering all aspects of suppressor performance, and which also received the USSOCOM official safety verification in support of fielding.
Constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel, the SOCOM556-SB features a larger bore to minimize the probability of baffle strikes due to unstable projectiles, a common issue with ultra-short-barreled weapons and some types of unjacketed frangible and “green” ammunition.
The SOCOM556-SB suppressor also features advanced internal venting that reduces back pressure, thereby reducing the suppressed cyclic rate and gas blowback on the operator. The new design includes an integrated blast shield in the back section that increases durability. The patent-pending front-plate design, along with proprietary improvement in gas-flow dynamics, nearly eliminates first-round flash, a true technological breakthrough in this area. It also attenuates noise and dust signatures to an unprecedented degree.
A new indexing system means this suppressor mounts to a SureFire muzzle brake or flash hider even more solidly than our previous models and is easier to remove after extended firing since the index tab is in a low carbon-buildup area.
Like all SureFire Fast-Attach models, the SOCOM556-RC produces minimal, consistent shift in point of impact compared with the unsuppressed weapon regardless of the number of attach-detach cycles.
The SOCOM556-SB is constructed from advanced US mill-certified high-temperature alloys and heat-treated stainless steel, and features a tough, corrosion-resistant Ionbond coating on the Fast-Attach lock ring and Cerakote ceramic finish on the suppressor body, in either Black or Dark Earth color.
All SureFire SOCOM Series suppressors require a compatible, latest-model SureFire muzzle brake/adapter or flash hider/adapter for attachment to a firearm—see Parts and Accessories on this page.
SureFire sound suppressors for rifles and machine guns combine every important suppressor feature: excellent sound, flash, and dust signature reduction—key components of SureFire's Total Signature Reduction (TSR); minimal and consistent zero shift regardless of attach/detach cycles; rock-solid attachment in seconds; compact size; minimal weight; fail-safe baffles to prevent bullet side-exit; and extreme durability permitting full-time use. In fact, your SureFire suppressor should outlast your firearm barrel, depending on use.
All SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors provide crucial tactical benefits—they reduce the weapon’s sound signature, concealing operator's position and protecting both the operator and team members against both permanent and temporary hearing loss, while enhancing situational awareness and communication; reduce or virtually eliminate muzzle flash, concealing operator's position and preserving night vision and unobstructed view; reduce dust signature, concealing operator’s position and maintaining unobstructed view; and reduce recoil, improving bullet impact observation and allowing for faster follow-up shots.
NOTE 1: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brake/suppressor adapters, and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous generation SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
NOTE 2: Use of unjacketed frangible ammunition is not recommended for SureFire Suppressors and may void warranty.
- Designed for 5.56 caliber rifles with barrels shorter than 10 inches or when firing unstable “green” ammunition; larger suppressor bore minimizes probability of baffle strikes
- Patented Fast-Attach design provides rock-solid attachment and easy removal in seconds
- Same revolutionary suppressor technology as SureFire’s SOCOM556-RC, winner of US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) extensive and rigorous suppressor trials
- Provides effective attenuation of sound and dust signatures
- Minimal, consistent point-of-impact shift compared with unsuppressed weapon regardless of number of attach-detach cycles
- Compact and lightweight for minimum overall weapon length and minimum impact on handling characteristics
- Advanced core design to reduce back pressure, cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Patent-pending front-plate design and proprietary gas-flow improvements virtually eliminate first-round flash
- Integrated blast shield increases durability
- Constructed of advanced US mill-certified high-temperature alloys and stainless steel
- Redundant-welded subcomponents eliminate parts loosening
- Tough, corrosion-resistant Ionbond and Cerakote finish in Dark Earth color
|Display Actual Price||On Gesture|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||1,399.00|